//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Anyone want a LRD Pipe and Silencer???

Anyone want a LRD Pipe and Silencer???

I stopped into LRD today and picked up a system for my buddy's craptor, I noticed old Yamaha three wheeler pics on the wall with LRD sectional pipes. "I asked the salesman, Why don't you offer pipes for the old three wheelers anymore?" "He said there was no interest." Hmmm, then I mentioned ORG and Three Wheeler world and how big each site was getting and how its hooked all of us up to share knowledge, buy parts, and share the love of the sport. I also told him about the group ride in Florence. He started to ge interested a little. He said if I could gather interest like 50 people, it would be worth buying the stamping and making exhausts for the 350x and old aircooleds. he even said he could have the 300 kit pistons made for us in a run if we could sell ten to make it worth doing.
    I think he was pretty serious about it also, on my way out he wanted me to send a link to ORG and 3 wheeler world to his email addy. what do you guys think? it would be cool to have a LRD pipe and silencer for your 350x if you like drop them a line at ryan@lrdperformance.com and let them know there is interest. He also has folks that can make extended swingarms for us also.

http://www.lrdperformance.com/
    Last edited by BLAZERONE22; 08-27-2004 at 07:14 PM.
    1985 350x
    1985 350x
    1985 250r
    200 auto x
    1984 250r
    1982 250r
    85 Tecate
    86 Tri Z
    85 TRI Z
    98Wolverine
    99TRX 300

I need a 86 250r Headlight lens!!!! Hook me up!!!!

Westcoasters check out the Florence ride....

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=42267

350xsx is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    300 kits for the aircooled Rs? only ten people, i think im buyin an 84 R motor at least soon so if i get it ill send him an E-mail, i already sent one about a 350x pipe,is this a sticky? cuz it should be so everyone sees it, cuz its for a great cause

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Hey Blazer I'd definetly be interested in getting an LRD for my 84 R. I have an LRD on my Tri-Z and I love it, great pipe. Whats your name? When I send him an email I'd like to be able to mention you.

Billy

Quote Originally Posted by HondaATC
    Hey Blazer I'd definetly be interested in getting an LRD for my 84 R. I have an LRD on my Tri-Z and I love it, great pipe. Whats your name? When I send him an email I'd like to be able to mention you.

Billy

My name is David Crone, and the guy I talked to was Ryan Rombalski, nice guy, did'nt mind talking to customers at all, he answered all the questions the first three guys in front of me had and then some. I have not been into a shop that would give you the time of day lately, so much talk about the old dinosaurs for twenty minutes.
    1985 350x
    1985 350x
    1985 250r
    200 auto x
    1984 250r
    1982 250r
    85 Tecate
    86 Tri Z
    85 TRI Z
    98Wolverine
    99TRX 300

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BLAZERONE22
    My name is David Crone, and the guy I talked to was Ryan Rombalski, nice guy, did'nt mind talking to customers at all, he answered all the questions the first three guys in front of me had and then some. I have not been into a shop that would give you the time of day lately, so much talk about the old dinosaurs for twenty minutes.

Thanks, I'll send him an email now.

Billy

--
    Blog Entries
    Hey by the way, it seems your topic reply email notifications keep getting bounced back from the forum like your email address is bad? Might check into it

--
    i sent him a message and tryed butterin him up for the exhaust idea..lol...i also stated i needed an exhaust for my 185 and im waiting for his reply..i dout he can since 185's arent popular ..lol..but its worth a try
    trikes owned:
    85' 200m - sold
    84' 200x - sold
    83' 185s - sold
    82' 185s - sold
    85' 350x !!! - selling

Lots_Of_Nothing is offline So bombed at TF I needed both hands to hold my beer Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    so whats new about this? they have been making custom pipes for anything last i knew, i was going to get one for my 85 R, but the price made me turn around (around 500), the people who answer the e-mails at lrd are extremely nice, i guess they must of just dropped all the older stuff completely recently, but i bet it wouldnt take much convincing to have them build you one.
    Give me no lip and I tell you no lie.

-TF 05' , And cant wait till 06!

Quote Originally Posted by 85ATC250R
    so whats new about this? they have been making custom pipes for anything last i knew, i was going to get one for my 85 R, but the price made me turn around (around 500), the people who answer the e-mails at lrd are extremely nice, i guess they must of just dropped all the older stuff completely recently, but i bet it wouldnt take much convincing to have them build you one.
    I was not talking about a custom pipe. I wanted to see if there was interest in making a run of pipes. And actually having a part number. Anyone can have a custom pipe made is true. There's not the interest here that I thought there would be though, Even if they were out of your price range now, would'nt you like knowing that there was one available when you actually saved up for one??
    1985 350x
    1985 350x
    1985 250r
    200 auto x
    1984 250r
    1982 250r
    85 Tecate
    86 Tri Z
    85 TRI Z
    98Wolverine
    99TRX 300

Lots_Of_Nothing is offline So bombed at TF I needed both hands to hold my beer Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    ahhh, now i see what you mean, and yes, i definatly would of saved up for one, i almost bought one awhile back for my old R, but just decided to not bother as i was selling it anyways, i've owned LRD's on a couple other machines though (tri-z, shee), a few years back, that was when they still had them on there website for atc's, and i still stand behind them as being the best pipe for high revving, they get pricey, but once you ride a 2 stroke with a LRD on it, its hard to get used to something else, well worth the money. maybe there isnt too many people interested here, but i bet if you advertised it on a couple other big sites (.org, bluetraxx etc. all those huge quad sites) then i bet theres alot of people who would love to have one. the guys are so easy going at LRD that i bet they would have no problem at all making any pipe if there was enough interest, i just remember the guy telling me that they had so any pipes sitting around not getting sold that they had to cut off a few from production, they last time i talked to them about a pipe for my 85 R, they told me they could probly track down one that hasnt been sold yet at a dealer, and the next day they e-mailed me saying they found one at a shop in TX just sitting on the shelf, it wasnt a custom pipe so it was only $350, unfortunatly at that time the R was 1/4 gone, have you asked them about checking with dealers yet?
    Give me no lip and I tell you no lie.

-TF 05' , And cant wait till 06!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by BLAZERONE22
    I was not talking about a custom pipe. I wanted to see if there was interest in making a run of pipes. And actually having a part number. Anyone can have a custom pipe made is true. There's not the interest here that I thought there would be though, Even if they were out of your price range now, would'nt you like knowing that there was one available when you actually saved up for one??

Oh yeah, and a whole big bore kit, not just the piston!!!

--
    any new info??
    1985 350x
    1985 atc70

2006 ltz400
    2017 z125pro

--
    Hay man I would be interested in a 300 kit for and 82 r and a pipe for a 85 tri-z

--
    I would be interested in both the pipe and 300 kit for an 82 R and an 84 R!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //