//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trikefest '04 CD /videos

--
    will you have them in VCD or DVD format? some DVD players wont play VCDs
    1985 Honda 350X - a lot of performance stuff, everything but a cam, hope to get one soon
    1984 Honda 200ES
    198? Yamaha YT60 Tri-Zinger
    TrikeFest '04 & '07 Survivor

--
    Quote Originally Posted by timex69
    If someone will gather all the pictures videos ETC and send them to me i will gladly buy a 50 pack of cds and turn it into a movie u can watch on your DVD player and turn the pictures into a slide show that u can watch on your dvd player and they will be foresale for $1 per CD. If the site admins would like me to do this drop me a line.

alex
    If you refer to the first post you will have an understanding as to why we do this. While it is kind of you to offer them for $1, the fact is this. Once again, I sold them for $12. $10 went directly to 3ww World for Site Operating Expenses. Howdy has posted these several times in the past, and if you have any questions about what it costs to keep this site running, Im sure he will be happy to post them again. $2 went to me. From that $2.00 came the $1.42 shipping posts via USPS media mail. Of the remaining 58 cents, came the cost of the blank CD-Rs, and the cost of tape and packing materials. Last year we raised $270 for 3 Wheelerworld. I used my existing bookkeeping software to track everything. I spent many hours working on these for a net loss. This is not a classified ad posted so I can make money.
    I never copyrighted anything, and we relied strictly on the honor system that people would not reproduce and distribute these, gyping the site out of funds it needs to run. There will always be a few who feel they are entitled to great website, and that it should be at Howdy's expense, (as well as a handful of generous site members) most viewed this as an inexensive way to contribute to the site as well as get a collection of several people's photos from the event.
    If you feel you can sell them for $1, pay shipping to the US, and raise $270 for the site and track it, I will be happy to turn this project over to you. Otherwise please dont publically undermine my efforts to use my skills to raise money for the site operation. If you think I am hosing people or the price is too steep, please ask for more information before trying to undercut my prices (which havent been announced for this year).
    Thank you.

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by TimSr
    Howdy has posted these several times in the past, and if you have any questions about what it costs to keep this site running, Im sure he will be happy to post them again.
    Howdy's expense, (as well as a handful of generous site members) most viewed this as an inexensive way to contribute to the site as well as get a collection of several people's photos from the event.
    Not to take anything away from your posting TimSr. But I felt the need to give due Credit to HondaATC. He deserves more credit than I do. Yes, HondaATC has also invested alot of money ( out of his pocket ) into the site. In the past it just worked out that one or the other covered the hosting / bandwith & domain name cost.

What does it cost for the 3WW web site? Since December 22, 2003 ( 6 months ) we have spent $238.80 for 6 months of Web hosting / bandwith cost. This doesn't include the money we spent to purchase the message board program.

Doing a little math ( 238.80 x 2 ) you can calculate a whole year cost $477.60. But there is more to it ( we are growing ). As a lot of people have noticed the web site is getting bigger and bigger all the time.
    FYI, In the past 3 years this web site has grown from around 500 users to over 3600 current registered users. More users = more traffic. More Traffic = more bandwidth useage. More bandwidth usage = more Money. In the past 3 years we have seen the hosting / bandwith usage and cost skyrocket ( almost triple ).
    HondaATC and myself are not made of money. To help cover the cost of the site we have ask for donations ( we do not beg for them ). A lot of users have helped out. Some sent $2 and others sent more. Some donated a pile of parts. Those were sold on Ebay and ALL procceds put into the 3WW account. I have said it before and will say it again: "Thanks to everyone that has Helped".

Other ways we have raised needed Funds:
    Last year TimSR did up a kickass TF03 CD to help the web site. And it really helped out a lot. This year plans are underway for a TF04 CD and possibly other stuff.
    For the past 2 years I have had shirts made up for TF. I also bought 3WW stickers. These were purchased out of my personal pocket. Last year the shirts made a little money that went for the site. This year they have almost broke even ( I still have a bunch left over ). If the rest of them sell all money over the purchase cost of them goes into the 3WW account for web hosting cost.

What about the stickers? A lot of people ask us to get stickers. Without me purchasing the stickers out of my pocket we wouldn't have them ( money that was to be used on my house ). Yes, we have sold some stickers. How ever not enough to cover the cost of them ( Yet ).

Do I plan on getting the money I laid out back? The money I used ( out of my pocket ) to purchase the shirts and stickers is being set aside as seed money for future non-hosting web site cost / needs.

I am currently working on 3WW Hats. I had a few samples done up and gave them out at TF04.

If you have read everything this far you will see that 3WW gets it funds ( for hosting / bandwith, ect ) from these methods:
    Donations
    TF CD's
    3WW Stickers
    TF Shirts

Without the funds that these generate we wouldn't be able to add to the site. A lot of people already know this.

FYI, as was posted in the past: We have over 3600 registered users. If each person donated $1 a year it would generate enough money to be able to do a lot more things with the web site. Including hosting our own chat room and such. We do not put any of the money into our pockets. 100% goes for the web site.

Why do we do this? Because we have the love for 3 Wheelers.

Howdy

timex69 is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    If you refer to the first post you will have an understanding as to why we do this. While it is kind of you to offer them for $1, the fact is this. Once again, I sold them for $12. $10 went directly to 3ww World for Site Operating Expenses. Howdy has posted these several times in the past, and if you have any questions about what it costs to keep this site running, Im sure he will be happy to post them again. $2 went to me. From that $2.00 came the $1.42 shipping posts via USPS media mail. Of the remaining 58 cents, came the cost of the blank CD-Rs, and the cost of tape and packing materials. Last year we raised $270 for 3 Wheelerworld. I used my existing bookkeeping software to track everything. I spent many hours working on these for a net loss. This is not a classified ad posted so I can make money.
    I never copyrighted anything, and we relied strictly on the honor system that people would not reproduce and distribute these, gyping the site out of funds it needs to run. There will always be a few who feel they are entitled to great website, and that it should be at Howdy's expense, (as well as a handful of generous site members) most viewed this as an inexensive way to contribute to the site as well as get a collection of several people's photos from the event.
    If you feel you can sell them for $1, pay shipping to the US, and raise $270 for the site and track it, I will be happy to turn this project over to you. Otherwise please dont publically undermine my efforts to use my skills to raise money for the site operation. If you think I am hosing people or the price is too steep, please ask for more information before trying to undercut my prices (which havent been announced for this year).
    Thank you.
    I know exactly how much it costs to run a website with bandwidth/site space being used in large quantitys. I payed to host 200 meg files on geocities for 2 months n that bill was huge.

I understand now why ya's do it.
    Sorry bout that..i post to quick without reading sometimes
    alex

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Hey TimSr, hows the project coming? I'm chomping at the bit! You did get my drag race video on CD right?

--
    Hey HondaATC, I got your video, and made apost about it above. So far the project is moving pretty slow! Only 3 people have sent pictures. I know Howdy's video is on the way, and I can get started on the video part. Thats what takes the longest amount of time. Right now, all I have in pictures are yours, TriZ Jim's, and Dads has emailed some and has let me know a bunch more are on the way.

I hope we get more than that!!!!

C'mon guys!! WE NEED PICTURES!!! Wake up Mik6! You had the biggest and best collection last year!

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Oops, I guess you did TimSr, didn't see it, sorry! I'll try to remind everyone to send in their information next time I do a site update, might not even hurt to do a forum wide announcement on it.

--
    Thanks Howdy!!! I got the video tape yesterday. I hope to start converting it to digital on Tuesday. Good thing youve sent it. Ive only got pictures from 4 people, and without the video I dont think we would even have enough for a CD!

--
    Howdy did you send Tim that cd of pics I gave you?
    3WheelsForever / Virgil
    TrikeFest 03, 04, 05, 06, 07

1985 Honda ATC350X - TF2015 Project
    YZ426 Hybrid Trike - On the back burner

--
    I have over 200 TF04 picts on my camera. Over 40 of the group pict, another 50 of camps, a ton of everyones ATVs, plus about 100 of the trails. I do not have a CD burner, and the guy that did it last year his computer just crashed. I WILL be sending you a CD as soon as I get access to a burner. Sorry this has taken me so long, been going thru a tuff time lately. My neice has a burner on her laptop (3 hours away) that is an option, plus I have a friend that does computer stuff at work. I'm not out yet!!! I will try to get the ball rolling this weekend.

SORRY ITS TAKING SO LONG
    MIK6 / Mike
    TECATE RIDER, HASPIN SURVIVOR!!
    Trikefest 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and beyond
    RAFFAs Ice-fest 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15
    Pensyltucky 09, 12, 13, 14, 15
    New England Ride 4/13

Howdy is offline Putting Priorities in Order, Busier than ever. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by 3WheelsForever
    Howdy did you send Tim that cd of pics I gave you?
    I haven't got it as of yet. So I didn't send them. Being is I now know where the CD was put I will try to get them to TimSr in the next day or 2. I think I have a couple group pictures to send also. I forgot all about them. ooops!!!
    Howdy

--
    Hey Mik6, Thanks for letting me know! You alwasy have greta stuff, and just as John is the official Trikefest Chef, you are certainly the Trikefest Photographer! Im suprised you dont have a CDR! They are standard equipment now, and they are cheap. Keep me posted, and Thanks.

--
    TIM!!!!!!!!!!!

I sent the CD of pics to your addy 2 day air so should be there monday or tuesday. Sorry for the down time, I just kept forgetting and playing too much. I finally remembered when shipping some ebay stuff out so its on the way. I hope its not too late...........peace

Scott
    86-87 Tecate ROCK!

Ride fast...........brake late............and Slide the rear!

--
    Thanks Scott! No rush, I just needed to know they were coming! Ill let you know when they get here. Anybody live near Mik6 with a CD-R? Hes got a whole album!

--
    Super Pictures Scott! Thats an awesome collection! Those will work great. One thing I cant figure, though , is where the waterfalls were at?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //